Followers

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

poem by m k harikumar

Have anybody seen me?


In the splitting moments
I tried in vain to become a tree

The mind tree of my past
have collapsed into pieces

The thought that I am not still alone
rise from the depths of the heart
and just fades

The arrogance of rotten corpses,
school friendships that have become
dried up rivers

No, never these trees, these sculptures,
sunshine nor the soil
will ever identify us

They all have gone after
newer terrains of human
thoughts

No one wants to refresh
their acquaintance with
this soul swollen with pain

Are the twigs of trees en route
contain the essence of self cooked
agonies

They chain us again and again
in the labyrinth of endless queries

The life truths extended by twigs
The momentous emotions galore

The eternally mute chemistry of those
Who seek pleasure in multiple directions

I have not yet learned anything

Longing to grow in the sprouting tree
of infancy I ended up kissing
the ripe surfaces of grief
when my infancy, adolescence,
those boats that have left its moorings
grow as branches of my freedom
I seek myself in mystic plateaus

Have anyone seen me?

trans:saj mathews

No comments: